Monday, 18 February 2013

Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading in 2013

Although we're coming to the end of February and most people have already done a post like this I thought I would do it anyway. Some of the books in this post may have been out ages but you should all know, I'm behind on a few of the series I have started reading! I think this year is going to be a good reading year for me as when I finish college in June I will have a lot of free time to do what I want. Basically that means I will be ignoring everyone and just reading for months on end, only occasionally leaving the house to get food! By the way this post will probably be huge so I apologise in advance and it wont have every book Im looking forward to reading cause well it will go on forever, especially with new books being released all of the time.

Boundless By Cynthia Hand 
Released January 22nd 2013
So this is the final book in the Unearthly trilogy, it has been out for about a month now but I'm waiting for the UK paperback to be released so all of the books match. I cant wait to see the fate that Clara chooses and how it will effect the rest of the characters in the book. I'm totally team Christian if anyone was wondering, he's such a dreamboat and a little bit of a sweetheart as well, I love it! 

Requiem By Lauren Oliver
Due to be Released March 21st 2013 (This is the UK release date in the US it will be March 5th, you lucky buggers!) 
Again this is another final book in an explosive trilogy, I have been waiting for this book since the day I finished Pandemonium last year. The cliffhanger we was left on definitely made me eager to get my hands on the final book, I honestly don't know how I've survived waiting this long time. But soon the wait will be over and hopefully all of the questions I have been asking myself will be answered in this epic finale! If Lena is whiny and indecisive in this book I may have to scream at it, but I'm sure I'll end up loving it.

Walking Disaster By Jamie McGuire
Due to be Released April 2nd 2013
I'm so excited for this book, no one understands how much I loved Beautiful Disaster! I didn't think I'd enjoy the book as I found it in the "If you loved 50 Shades of Grey" section at my local supermarket, but I gave it a chance and I have honestly never felt so surprised by a book. My expectations were low but after reading it I now understand the saying "Never judge a book by its cover" or maybe its status. This sequel is written from Tavis Maddox's point of view so we'll get to see his side of the story, I cant wait to get inside his head and be able to understand how he actually felt about Abby right from the start. I also cant wait to read the conversations that Shepley and Tavis had about he whole situation! eek major fan girl moment.

Sweet Peril By Wendy Higgins
Due to be Released May 1st 2013
I only finished reading Sweet Evil about two weeks ago but oh my it was wonderful, one of my favourites so far this year without a doubt! I cannot contain my love for Kaiden Rowe, just look how perfect he is and he's a drummer- oh man I love drummers. I cant wait to see a bit more of Anna's dark side in this book as she embraces what she is and what she has to do. But I do hope everything works out for her and Kaiden because when they're together it is smoking hot and I mean the heat between them is so intense they're on fire.  I'm hoping that we will get to learn more about the other characters to as I feel like I didn't get to know them that much in the first book, also I cant wait to see some badass action from Anna! This book is definitely one to look out for in the coming months.

The Eternity Cure By Julie Kagawa
Due to be Released April 23rd 2013
This is the second book in the Blood Of Eden series, I'm not sure how many books are going to be in this series but I'm hoping that it will be a trilogy as two books definitely wouldn't be enough but I think anything more than three may be too much. But that depends on what happens in this book of course! The end of the first book sees Allison leaving Zeke so she can go to rescue Kanin, her creator. I have high hopes for this book as I really enjoyed the first book in the series, I cant wait to see how this story pans out as there is definitely many things that could happen to her while she's on the search for Kanin. It would be great if we could get introduced to some new characters along the way as the majority of the ones we met in the first book are either dead or on their way to freedom and a happy life in Eden (Sorry for the spoiler!).

Divergent 3 By Veronica Roth
Due to be Released October 22nd 2013
It's weird having this on here because there is no title or cover yet so it doesn't look right in this post, but that doesn't matter because I'm so happy that there is definitely going to be a third book. I think that this book will probably be the best in the series, especially after what happened during the ending of Insurgent. I hope to see Tris and Tobias being a bit more loving towards each other because Insurgent nearly broke my heart and killed me with their constant arguing and hostility towards each other. I cant wait for more information to start coming out for this book as I'm on the edge of my seat here wanting to know stuff!

The Retribution of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodkin
Due to be Released October 22nd 2013
So the 22nd of October looks like its going to be a good day with this due to come out and the third Divergent book! Oh my I will probably cry that day. The cover for this book is just a beautiful as the first two and I'm so glad that the publishers haven't changed it like they have done with most of the books I own. I still don't quite know how to feel about the cliffhanger we're left on in the second book, it cant be true... I mean look the cover of this one says "Deep, Dark, Passionate and Funny" there is only one male that can make this book deep and passionate, Noah!. I hope that we get answers in this book, or I will be going crazy and I don't want to have to do that. If Jude is still alive I will probably momentarily die and then go back to reading, my hate for Jude is unreal!

Fever By Lauren DeStefano
Released February 21st 2012
I told you there would be some old books in here that I need to catch up with! so I finished reading Wither at the start of February and I absolutely adored it, now the third book is out I feel like I need to catch up and soon. I haven't got a copy of this book yet so I will have to get my hands on that quickly if I want to catch up without seeing any spoilers for Sever. I cant wait to see what happens next with Rhine and Gabriel, I'm still gutted that she left Linden because he actually seemed like a decent guy it was just his scary, unpleasant dad that was a monster of a human being. His dad actually reminded me of President Snow from The Hunger Games, not a nice man at all. I'm not going to post Sever on this list as I don't know if I'm excited for it or not, we'll have to see how I like this book.

The Book Thief By Marcus Zusak
Released March 14th 2006
I finally bought a copy of this book a couple of weeks back as you may have seen in my youtube video, the UK has this new cover which I quite like. I'm not sure how it relates to the book but I'm sure that all will be revealed when I get round to reading it. After watching and reading so many reviews about this book I thought I would give it a try especially as most of the time the feedback it receives is great. I'm not sure how I feel about reading a book thats narrated by death but I bet it will be an interesting concept, I cant wait to see how this turns out.

The Fellowship of The Ring By J.R.R Tolkien
Released December 1st 1954
The Lord of The Rings Trilogy have always been my favourite films so I thought that I would go back to the beginning and read the books! I cant to see how the movies differ from the books or whether they're true to them. I haven't really read an epic fantasy novel before so I'm really looking forward to this and I hope that I will enjoy Tolkiens style of writing as it isn't something I'm used to. I will keep you all updated while I read this book!


Days of Blood and Starlight By Laini Taylor
Released November 6th 2012
I started reading this book the day that I got it in the post, I'm about 100 pages in but I stopped reading it for some reason so when I went to pick it up again the other day ago I couldn't really remember what had happened! I definitely need to reread the book from the start as from what I remember it seemed like a pretty good sequel. Laini Taylors writing is flawless, so poetic and beautiful so I cant wait to carry on with this book as Karou seems like she's got her work cut out for her in this sequel. I still love Akiva even though he knew what had happened and didn't tell Karou, he's a good guy that loves her and if no one else can see that then my oh my I must be reading a different book.

If you have made it this far into the post then well done! I'm proud that you have actually managed to read all of this. Below I'm just going to put the covers of other books that I'm going to try to read this year, I haven't got many contemporary books in this list so if you know of any good ones that you think I might like then please leave a recommendation in the comments box. Thanks for reading!



                             

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh The Fellowship of the Ring, I just watched the movie, great book! I haven't heard of most of these books but they look interesting, I have to look into Sweet Peril though, it caught my attention. Glad I just found you on Goodreads ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great movie, I think The Fellowship is my favourite so I cant wait to read the book! I'd recommend the Sweet Evil series to anyone, it is absolutely fantastic :)

      Delete
  2. I cant wait for Divergent #3! The ending of Insurgent was so unexpected I wanted to scream. By the way you should totally read A Million Suns and (which is already on your list) and Shades of Earth the last book in the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I know right! I cant believe she left it there, I wanted more :( Yeah I read Across The Universe last year and loved it so I really do need to catch up on the series but the cover changes has annoyed me so much! my books wont match now, silly publishers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...