Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Favourite Characters in YA

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

So rather than choosing a specific category I decided to do my top ten favourite characters in YA, I feel like I never read a specific genre enough to focus on characters from one so now the world is my oyster! I hope you enjoy my top ten and I'd love to see what yours are.

1. Noah Shaw from Michelle Hodkins Mara Dyer Series: He's a sexy male character that will definitely make your spine shiver with his presence alone, yet he's so caring and would do anything for Maras happiness. I love a male character with a big heart and he certainly has that!

2. Four/Tobias from Veronica Roths Divergent Series: A strong male lead that will definitely make you feel intimidated whenever he appears in the book. He also has a softer side to him that we only really get to see when he's around Tris, he's the kind of guy you'd be proud to introduce to your parents. I also think its quite cute how he's afraid of heights even though he seems like a machine that can handle anything.

3. Hazel Grace from John Greens The Fault in Our Stars: I really admire Hazel Grace, even though she is battling cancer she never really complains about it instead she makes jokes about it which is quite heart warming, definitely a lot better than a sob story. I also love how witty and mature she is for a sixteen year old, the intellectual but humorous comments she makes always bring a smile to my face whenever I read this book.

4. Finnick Odair from Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games Trilogy: Enter the biggest sweetheart you will probably ever read about in a YA book! When he first came into the books I thought he was going to be a bit of a fool but oh my I was wrong... he's again a strong male character but something cracks him and then we see the real boy behind the mask and he really is wonderful.

5. Kaiden Rowe from Wendy Higgins Sweet Evil Series: He's a total stud, a drummer and the son of the Duke of Lust need I say anymore?... Oh wait he has bedroom eyes if you know what I mean ladies ;)

6. Karou from Laini Taylors Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series: I love how badass Karou is, she is such a complex character and I love how we got to learn more about her previous life and the impact of choices she made. She has blue hair and can fly which is just awesome! also she's a human girl that grew up in a world of supernatural creatures, such an interesting character.

7. Travis Maddox from Jamie McGuires Beautiful Disaster: What girl doesn't love a bad boy every now and then? Motor cycle riding, tattoo covered, foul mouthed Travis Maddox certainly fits the bill! I loved how his character developed throughout the book and I cant wait to get into his head in Walking Disaster. I know he's not a YA character but I really wanted to include him in the list!

8. Bianca Piper from Kody Keplingers The Duff: I really like how cynical and bitter this character is probably because people have called me that before, in some ways I feel like I can relate to her especially as some of the problems she's faced I have to in my life. 

9. Etienne St Clair from Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss: All throughout this book I was thinking "You don't want Anna or your girlfriend! YOU WANT ME" what I would do for a guy like this in my life. He's sweet, caring and totally hot but thats not the only reasons why I liked him, he's intellectual and quite an amusing drunk... how wonderful.

10. Augustus Waters from John Greens The Fault in Our Stars: How could I not include Gus in this list, he really is a fine specimen of a male even if he has only got one and a half real legs and walks with a limp. Just like Hazel Grace he is a very witty character with an intellectual sense of humour, I love how he is always trying to make her happy. Even through the lowest points in his life he cracks jokes and uses his Gus magic to bring a smile to everyones faces. I love him.

So I just noticed that most of the characters I have listed above are total hunks, yes I have many book boyfriends. But shhh don't tell them!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...