Friday, 5 April 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #3

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee, its a simple way to gain some appreciated exposure to bloggers and to make friends while doing so. The two hosts feature a blog for the week, so you never know it could be you one day! If you'd like to follow me then you can do so using GFC or Linky, leave a comment below to say Hey and I'll be sure to follow you back :) Be sure to check out the hosts sites as well as they're awesome.
Feature of the Week- Book Cupid

Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: I tried to like this book I really did but I just couldn't get into it, the characters annoyed me so much and I don't know why. I just don't think that they're likeable and the story was pretty boring, I gave up reading it after about 200 pages. I always give books a chance but this one wasn't doing it for me at all! I thought I would like it as its compared to the Hunger Games a lot but the writing style just isn't my kind of thing.

I'd love to know if you've had an experience similar to mine with a book!

8 comments:

  1. I can't stand annoying characters. Why won't they do what we want them to do? ;) I felt that way about The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay where I couldn't stand either of the main characters. I still don't know why.

    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! damn those authors who have unlikeable characters, I really do try to give them all a chance but it just wasn't happening with this book :(

      I'll be sure to check yours out!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this happens some times with me too! leaves me frustrated.
    new follower via gfc :)
    here's our FF

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so annoying! Thanks for the follow I'll definitely check yours out :)

      Delete
  3. New follower!

    I haven't read that series but it doesn't look like something I'd like, either.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/04/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the follow :)

      Well most people I know have raved about it but I just didn't like it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...