Saturday, 6 April 2013

Television Talk: The Vampire Diaries

So I thought that I would bring a new element to my blog and that’s Television Talk, I will be discussing television shows that I enjoy watching. When I'm not reading I will either be working towards my photography or watching TV/films so I thought that I would include this in my blog especially as a lot of the time TV shows and films are based off of books! For my first post I thought that I would talk about a new love of mine, The Vampire Diaries.

So I recently joined society and started watching American television shows again, one of them being The Vampire Diaries. I've always felt a bit weary about this program ever since the extreme Fandom which arose from the Twilight movies, I'm going to be honest with you all and come clean, I actually quite like the Twilight books and the first film. But I really didn't enjoy the rest of the film series so ever since them I've kind of stayed clear from the vampire world. However I decided to give The Vampire Diaries a chance and I've ended up loving it! I managed to watch all of the seasons in about a week and have now caught up to where its at in season 4, for those of you who haven't watched the show before heres a brief summary of season one.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is the story of two vampire brothers, obsessed with the same girl, in a small town where supernatural beings live in secret amongst its residents. In season one, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder), returned to their hometown of Mystic Falls, Virginia, for very different reasons. Stefan was determined to get to know Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), who bears a striking resemblance to Katherine Pierce (also played by Dobrev), the beautiful but ruthless vampire the brothers knew and loved — in 1864. Damon, on the other hand, was intent on releasing Katherine from the tomb where he believed she was trapped by a witch’s spell all those years ago.

The plot line seems like a basic supernatural love story at first but throughout the series it develops into so much more, the show focuses on so many different aspects of life and I really love how family and friendship is a big part of it as I feel like I can relate to that which is great. We see the characters we love go through everyday struggles and some that are a bit out of the ordinary, theres a lot of death which seems to happen a lot in these shows. There is always something happening in Mystic Falls which adds to the main storyline, this is great as its always quite annoying when they add something completely irrelevant to whats happening in the show. Oh my the romance in this show is hot! I often find myself smiling like a goofball when something major happens in terms of love and sometimes fanning myself down from the steam! 


Now for those of you who may not know this but The Vampire Diaries television show is based off of the books written by LJ Smith, however the books are completely different to the show so I would say that they're what inspired the show. I really enjoy this television series as the characters in it are wonderful, I love how they're all individual and have their own personality rather than being generic high school teenagers and another great thing about it is that they're not all high schoolers! I do love a trashy high school show but as this is about supernatural beings its great that theres a mix of age ranges.  My favourite thing about the show has to be the casting, they all play their roles so well which makes it so much easier to believe that supernatural beings could be lurking out there in the world. There is definitely a lot of eye candy in this show which makes the viewing experience a hell of a lot better, not that it matters because the show is great anyway...

Now I'm one for the bad boys so Damon Salvatore is definitely my favourite brother. I like how we get to see him develop throughout the series and we realise that he has an equal balance between good and bad even though he doesn't show the good in him it is still there behind this bad boy facade. Ian Somerhalder(Mr Smolderhalder) embraces his character so well, he is able to capture Damon's rebellious, don't give a s**t essence so well but he also shines through when showing us that he really does care. Also, lets be honest, he is a good looking guy! Please take a moment to applaud Mr. Smolderhalder, well done Ian on that glorious face, body and personality. 


Are you a fan of the show? If so then I'd like to know, what is you're favourite scene so far? it can be from any season.

2 comments:

  1. I've only seen a few episodes of the show, but one of my best friends loves it so much and recommended me to watch it, and now this post... I think I'll give it a try! And yes, Mr Smolderhalder may be one of the sexiest man on earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friend sounds awesome! you should definitely give it a try though cause it has ended up being one of my favourite shows. Oh my I totally agree, he is literally the hottest man I have ever seen :p

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...