Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #2

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. This blog hop was created by the wonderful Dani over at Pen to Paper so make sure you check out hers as well!


Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Released October 4th 2005

Synopsis:In Crank, Ellen Hopkins chronicles the turbulent and often disturbing relationship between Kristina, a character based on her own daughter, and the "monster," the highly addictive drug crystal meth, or "crank." Kristina is introduced to the drug while visiting her largely absent and ne'er-do-well father. While under the influence of the monster, Kristina discovers her sexy alter-ego, Bree: "there is no perfect daughter, / no gifted high school junior, / no Kristina Georgia Snow. / There is only Bree." Bree will do all the things good girl Kristina won't, including attracting the attention of dangerous boys who can provide her with a steady flow of crank.

I've had this book on my wishlist for such a long time, I'm so intrigued by the verse layout of this book as I haven't read a book like that before. I was automatically drew to the synopsis of this book as its not the kind of thing that I normally go for, so many people rave about this book and I want to give it ago but I'm always put off buying it because there's something else I want to get! Hopefully I'll get this one soon.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds really intense and disturbing. I'd love to hear what you think once you've read it.

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not normally the type of book I'd go for but I think that I'm drawn to it because of how disturbing it sounds.

      I'll definitely check yours out!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds really good. I have seen it on other blogs getting quite a bit of praise! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book Blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/wishlist-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out yours too :)

      Delete
  3. This book sounds like it will be a thought provoking read. I never read a book in verse layout. I wonder if it won't slow down the pace of the novel. Looking forward to your review once you have gotten your hands on it.

    My WW

    Ingrid @ Le Chat de Bibliothèque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm desperately in need for a thought provoking read, all these cute books are making me sad that my life's not like that! I've read in quite a few reviews that the verse layout speeds it up so it will be an interesting read when I get it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. One of my all time favorite reads. I won't say anything more than this: I was left staring at the wall for an hour after I finished.

    Cain Freeman
    http://nobsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I cant wait to get my hands on it, I love books which have a big impact on you.

      Delete
  5. PS - You may want to remove the captcha that's needed to comment. It doesn't do much good, and makes commenting harder. Just my two cents.

    Cain Freeman
    http://nobsbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, sorted it out now :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...