Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

1. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
I fell in with The Immortal Rules and cannot wait to get stuck into this sequel especially since I finally have my own copy!

2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
With the movie coming out towards the end of summer I would love to get into this series so I know whats going on in the film. Its always nice to see how the movies turns out in comparison to the book as well.

3. Boundless by Cynthia Hand
I'm always a bit wary of angel books but this series is one that I really enjoy. I was waiting for the UK edition to come out but it turns out that its not being published here, I caved and bought the US edition which is absolutely stunning but it doesn't match my copies of the previous books in the series.

4. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Does this one need an explanation? 

5. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
With all the hype surrounding this book I decided to pick it up when I saw it on offer in Asda for £3.85. How could I refuse when it was that cheap?

6. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
After reading the synopsis of this book I think that it sounds absolutely perfect for the summer season and the cover is absolutely stunning.

7. Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
I know that this doesn't come out till mid September so its not exactly in my summer TBR list but hey it goes really sunny here in September! I'm a big fan of Stephanie Perkins books so I'm excited to read Isla's story.

8. Fever by Lauren DeStefano
After reading Wither in February I think that its time to carry on with the series.

9. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Kepplinger
Again this sounds like another perfect read for the summer, I hope its as good as The DUFF!

10. The Lord of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
This one is a bit daunting for me as I've never read anything like this series before. The movies are my favourites and I thought that it'd only be right if I read the books as well. I'm not sure how well I will adapt to the writing style though.

What will you be reading this summer? Let me know in the comments below.

14 comments:

  1. Great top ten! City of Bones is amazing:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for both Isla and the Infinite Moment. I've heard good things about a Midsummer's Nightmare, but haven't read it yet. Great list! Happy reading!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Isla is probably my most anticipated at the minute cause I love Stephanie Perkins. I'll be sure to check yours out :)

      Delete
  3. Some great books you've listed. I'm wanting to read The 5th Wave I read lots of rave reviews on it.

    Happy TTT.

    PS: What an unusual name...I actually have a college friend who named her daughter Annoushka :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm quite excited to read it! I'm not sure what to expect but from what everyones saying I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

      I'll be sure to check out your list too!

      Haha yeah its quite different, I've never met anyone else with the same name as me :)

      Delete
  4. City of Bones is so good!!! And oh my goodness, I can't wait to read Isla or Dare You To. Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps telling me how good it is so I better get stuck in before the movie comes out!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Dare You To is amazing! I also want to read The 5th Wave, I've heard so much about it. Thanks for following!! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Pushing the Limits Sunday night and that was freakin awesome! so I have high expectations for Dare You To :')

      Thats alright and I'll be sure to check out your TTT!

      Delete
  6. I have wanted to start the series books of Cassandra Clare and Julie Kagawa, but haven't gotten to them. Maybe I will get them in this summer yet. Have fun reading. It looks like you have chosen some excellent titles. Here's a hint for Tolkien - give yourself permission to skip the boring parts. Yes I said it. There are boring bits. I absolutely love LOTR though. I've read LOTR multiple times. Sometimes I read every single word, sometimes I skim some of it. Better to skim that give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to get into The Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa, cause the first book was amazing! Haha thanks for the heads up, I know the general jist of it from watching the films so many times so hopefully it'll be easier to settle into it.

      Delete
  7. Oops. I forgot to leave my Top Ten.

    Crystal at Reading Through Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!
      I'll definitely check out your list :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...