Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Read So Far In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

This week is pretty tough in terms of picking my top ten; I haven't read as many books as I would’ve liked to so far this year. So rather than my top ten I have decided to stick with five to make the task a lot easier. Under the titles I have also included a quote which I like from that particular book, these aren't necessarily my favourite quotes but they're ones that made me think, laugh and just ones that I agree with. I hope you like them too!

1. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

“The beauty of poetry is that it can mean different things to different people at different times.”

2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

“I'll tell you something about true love. There's no science to it. It's as natural as the sky.”

3. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

“There will come a time when man is no longer concerned only with survival, when he will once more be curious as to who came before him, what life was like a thousand years ago, and he will seek out answers for a hundred years or so, but humans' curiosity has always driven them to find answers.”

4. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

“Wesley Rush was the most disgusting womanizing playboy to ever darken the doorstep of Hamilton High… but he was kind of hot. Maybe if you could put him on mute… and cut off his hands… maybe—just maybe—he’d be tolerable then. Otherwise, he was a real piece of shit. Horn dog shit.”

5. Divergent by Veronica Roth

“Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”

Have you got a top ten too? I'd love to read your lists as well!

19 comments:

  1. I loved Wither but just couldn't get into the other two.
    Here is my TTT

    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-so-far.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the other two yet, I've heard mixed opinions on them so I'm a bit unsure whether I'll like them or not! Thanks for stopping by I'll be sure to check yours out too :)

      Delete
  2. Divergent is brilliant!
    I have been wanting to read The Duff for such as long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're telling me! You should definitely pick up The Duff though, its such a funny, light-hearted book that's perfect for the summer.

      Delete
  3. Wither is officially going on my TBR list. Great books
    Here's my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4-best-books-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it should! Lauren DeStefanos writing style is absolutely beautiful. I'll be sure to check out your list too!

      Delete
  4. Divergent and Wither are both on my TBR list. I need to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both great books which I highly recommend!

      Delete
  5. A great list! I really want to read Wither as well as Sweet Evil, and after seeing they are in your top 5, I think I need to get a hold of them asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sweet Evil is probably my ultimate favourite book that I've read so far this year! I hope you enjoy them as well when you get round to them :)

      Delete
  6. Great books on here! That quote from The DUFF made me laugh, I'm definitely going to need to check that one out. LOVE Divergent, and Immortal Rules too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote from The DUFF is just scratching the surface. It is such a hilarious book that I'd recommend to anyone that's looking for the perfect summer read!

      Delete
  7. Wooooow. At least I'm not the only who only had 5 books. And The DUFF, my friend loved that book, I would like to read it one day. And Divergent is AWESOME. Seriously, book of the year. Well, maybe since Allegiant is coming out.

    Great blog, btdubs. I love it. Its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was happy to see I'm not the only one with a shorter list! Ooh you should definitely check it out at some point. I'm so excited for Allegiant but then again I think everyone in their right mind is :)

      Aw thank you!

      Delete
  8. Great quote from Divergent. It was an awesome story. I need to read the sequels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read Insurgent! Its just as great as the first book.

      Delete
  9. Love how you put quotes! Absolutely loved Divergent and glad it made your list. And woo for Sweet Evil, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought that it'd be a nice touch for people who haven't read the books yet :) They are awesome books though.

      Delete
  10. Love that you put quotes, it makes your post more unique.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...