Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #3

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. This blog hop was created by the wonderful Dani over at Pen to Paper so make sure you check out hers as well!

Alices Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Illustrated by Camilla Rosa Garcia
Published February 15th 2010

Synopsis: One of the most beloved children's classics of all time, Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" is boldly reinterpreted by Camille Rose Garcia, whose dark yet whimsical style has won her resounding praise and an international cult following. The story of a young girls' strange adventures in a fantasy world comes to life in this stunning, affordably priced edition that will delight the many millions of confirmed Alice fans everywhere and captivate a new generation.

Ever since seeing this edition of Alices Adventures in Wonderland on a Youtube book haul I have had it waiting on my wish list. I've only ever watched the films rather than reading the books so I think that this would be a nice way to get into Lewis Carroll's writing style. Just from looking at the cover you know that this is going to be beautifully illustrated book. The beautiful cover is what attracted me to the book however whenever I'm on Amazon I always bypass it on my wish list!

12 comments:

  1. Its funny to me that Alice in Wonderland is the one of the classic that I never read as a child. Looks interesting though :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever read the same books as all the other children I knew. I haven't read this and shamefully I haven't read Harry Potter either!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing. I played a video game a few years a go called Alice: The Madness Returns which, I think, has a similar sinister vibe to this book! I love new interpretations of Alice's story ^_^
    Hope you get the book!

    Sarah
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend loves that game! I havent played it yet but I swear they bought out a second one a couple of months back, I could be wrong though. I love the darker interpretations, they make the story so much more interesting :) I'm sure I'll get it soon!

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out yours too!

      Delete
  3. This looks dark, kinda like Burton's sytle.
    Hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tim Burtons work which is probably why this stood out to me so much! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I love collecting different editions of classics. Thanks for sharing.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out yours!

      Delete
  5. I've never read Alice either, which seems like an odd oversight from my childhood. I'm sure we had a copy in my house, too, so I wonder why? I hope you enjoy it!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure we used to have a copy of it as well. Then again I didn't read that much when I was younger, so hopefully I'll get to read it soon!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I love re-telling's of stories like this. They are some of my favorite! Great choice! Hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wishlist-wednesday-52.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're always interesting and a lot of the time are better than the original! Thank you :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...