Friday, 5 July 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #7

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee, its a simple way to gain some appreciated exposure to bloggers and to make friends while doing so. The two hosts feature a blog for the week, so you never know it could be you one day! If you'd like to follow me then you can do so using Bloglovin or GFC, leave a comment below to say Hey and I'll be sure to follow you back :) Be sure to check out the hosts sites as well as they're awesome.
Features of The Week- The Reading Realm
The Attic

Q. Today’s is the US’ Independence Day. Share your favourite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.

I've never read a book that's solely based on war, but I have read ones which kind of include war and government overthrow. I'm not particularly keen on books that contain a lot of violence in but it can be exhilarating if written well. My favourite book(s) which includes these particular topics has to be The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Colin’s. Obvious choice I know and its more than one book. But, I think that this is a superbly written series which faces both of these issues. Unpopular opinion time! Mockingjay was probably my favourite book in the trilogy as I really liked the action and how Katniss matured throughout it. It had its flaws but it definitely concluded the series well.

I hope everyone in the US had a wonderful independence day and I'd love to hear your responses to the question above!

16 comments:

  1. Love Hunger Games.... that is a great book about the government and how it can corrupt.

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely an exhilarating read! It's one of the first dystopian books that I read so it opened my eyes to the genre!

      Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend :)

      Delete
  2. I think my favorite was Catching Fire, but I agree that Mockingjay was a great end to the series. Especially the very end--the last few pages--were very fitting and poignant I thought. Great pick! :D Now following you via Bloglovin'.

    My FFs are HERE and HERE. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I added that one to my TBR pile a few months ago, it sounds like a great read!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yeah, I think everyone was the same as me and didn't know what to pick.

      Delete
  5. Good answer. Happy weekend :)

    following

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/feature-and-follow-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hunger Games was my pick too! New follower via bloglovin!

    Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just couldn't finish this series so I cheated and read a synopsis of all three. I just got so depressed reading it. Of course that just means the writing was fantastic :) Happy Friday! Old follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Hunger Games books! It was amazing and it actually got me into reading. I chose them for this week's question as well. I'm a new bloglovin' follower!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen The Hunger Games mentioned a lot today. I haven't read the books (they freak me out so much!) but I think it's a great choice.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a few people mentioned The Hunger Games but it doesn't make it any less amazing. I agree that the politics/war in the third book were pretty cool.

    New follower.

    Lizzy @ Lizzy's Dark Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I picked BDB by JR Ward and The Three Series by Kristen Ashley.
    I followed you by Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...