Sunday, 7 July 2013

Summer Lovin' Read-a-Thon: Alma Mater

The Summer Lovin’ Readathon is a week-long readathon event hosted by seven independent bloggers! (Oh, Chrys!, Tumbling Books, Effortlessly Reading, Love Life Read, Shelf Addiction, Read Sleep Repeat, and Reviewing Wonderland)

Todays Participation topic is…
Graduation Day!

List your accomplishments, big and small.
Did you make some new friends? Call them out.
Then hop around and congratulate the other participants on their successes.

Well, its been a long week and I'm going to be honest with you guys, I didn't even manage to finish one book! I'm so close to finishing The Eternity Cure though, only 90 pages left but with the tennis on I'm not sure if I'll be finished by midnight, you never know though. But I am disappointed with myself, I went into this week raring to go but I've been so caught up in life and Wimbledon that I haven't made time for reading. I cant help myself when the tennis is on, I love it so much. Hopefully I'll be able to get my head in the game with reading though as I'm finding it hard to get stuck in at the minute. 

How did you do this week?

4 comments:

  1. Aww. That's okay. Maybe you should try reading something else? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up finishing the book and loving it. So it was probably better that I didn't rush it as I appreciated and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to!

      Delete
  2. Don't beat yourself up for not finishing what you had planned. Life happens and since you love Wimbledon that's important too. Had this taken place during the Stanley Cup playoffs I doubt I would have read anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was just annoyed with myself as I thought I'd manage to read all the books that I wanted to. But I'm not too bothered now as I shouldn't need to use a read-a-thon as an excuse to get through them all! I just need to set myself goals I think :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...