Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Intimidating Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

Below is a list of my top ten most intimidating books (might be intimated by size, content, that everyone else loves it but you are sure you won't etc)

1. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
This book is 835 pages long, so I think its pretty self explanatory why this book intimidates me. But I really do want to get into this series especially since I've had the first three books sat on my shelf for a while now.

2. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
I started to read this book when it first came out last November. At the time I found it really hard to get into and now I'm worried that I wont love it as much as Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

3. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Everyone seems to love this book but the plot line really doesn't appeal to me. 

4. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
My brother bought me a copy of this back in 2008 and its been sitting on my shelf collecting dust ever since. The size of this book scares me, I like big books but I have to be into the genre and writing style to commit to it.

5. Harry Potter by JK Rowling 
Yes, I admit that I haven't read this series fully. I've read the first two books and although I enjoyed the first one, I absolutely hated the second. So now I'm a bit wary to read the rest of the series as I'm not sure whether I'll like it.

6. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Sallinger
I haven't read any classics since I left school, so its always hard to find the motivation to read them.

7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I don't think that I've ever read a bad review for this book. So when I read it I want to love it too, but I have a feeling that I wont enjoy the writing style.

8. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
This seems like everyone's least favourite John Green book and from what I've read so far I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it either. I don't like the sound of the synopsis which means I'll probably end up disliking it.

9. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
I've already watched the films and I love them. But I know if I read this I'll keep comparing the book to them which is never a good thing. I've never read a Tolkien book before either so I don't know how I'll take to his writing style.

10. Anything written by Sarah Dessen
I've not read a Sarash Dessen book and yet I always see so many people raving about her writing. I would like to give one a go but I wouldn't know what to start with!

Are there any books that intimidate you?

3 comments:

  1. Great list of books. Game of Thrones is one of my all time favorite series. They took me a entire summer to read them all,and still they only come in second to Harry Potter! I loved the cyborg story Cinder and I can be the first to tell you that I didn't like the Book Thief. Thanks for sharing what books intimidates you. I would leave a link to my TTT but I haven't posted it yet, its still Monday night in Nova Scotia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Game of Thrones on my list too.

    Here's my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Game of Thrones and The Host are on my list as well. Great picks!

    My TTT: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/top-ten-most-intimidating-books/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...