Saturday, 3 August 2013

Book Boyfriend of the Week #1

This is a meme hosted by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about their boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said. Because every girl loves talking about her book boyfriend!
Want to participate?


All you have to do is:

1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, it could be long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation, DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises)
5) Share it! And shout it out using the hashtag #ReadingandThings
6) Grab the button and banner for your blog

My boyfriend of the week is...
Joe Fontaine
From Under The Never Sky by Jandy Nelson

He is definitely a mix of sweet and romantic, you'd be mad not to like him! He's the kind of boy you'd want your parents to meet, with his musical talent he'll play you a sweet melody that'll capture your heart. Joe's a sensitive guy that's loyal to one girl, he'd do anything to make you happy. He also has a wicked smile which could break even the hardest of hearts. I'm not going to lie, he's also a little bit saucy if you know what I mean ;)

It was hard to choose a quote, so I have picked two that I really like. One of them is from my favourite scene in the book and the other is a description of Joe Fontaine himself. Enjoy!

“Oh, God,’ he whispers, reaching his hand behind my neck and bringing my lips to his. ‘Let’s let the whole fucking world explode this time.’
And we do.” 

And...

Even in the stun of my grief, my eyes roam from the black boots, up the miles of legs covered in denim, over the endless torso, and finally settle on a face so animated I wonder if I’ve interrupted a conversation between him and my music stand.
”Hi,” he says, and jumps up. He’s treetop tall.
This guy looks unabashedly jack-o-lantern happy, which couldn’t be more foreign to the sullen demeanor most of us strove to perfect. He has scores of messy brown curls that flop every which way and eyelashes so spider-leg long and thick that when he blinks he looks like he’s batting his bright green eyes right at you.

Who's your current book boyfriend?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Saturday Book Boyfriend meme!

    I loved the teases but I've never heard of the book. I'm definitely gonna check it out!

    Thanks for visiting My Book Boyfriend!

    Happy Reading!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with this book but Joe sounds like a great choice for a book boyfriend.

    Come check out my BB @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. good pick, I have been wanting to read that book, have heard great things about it.

    Here is mine
    My Book Boyfriend of the Week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...