Friday, 9 August 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #12

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee, its a simple way to gain some appreciated exposure to bloggers and to make friends while doing so. The two hosts feature a blog for the week, so you never know it could be you one day! If you'd like to follow me then you can do so using Bloglovin or GFC, leave a comment below to say Hey and I'll be sure to follow you back :) Be sure to check out the hosts sites as well as they're awesome.

Q: Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.
This is a good task, I think I'll have a mix of some of stuff I had to read at school and some of my favourite books! Not all of them will be seen as "academic" but what the heck, this is my class after all. I hope you enjoy them...

An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestly
Yeah, I really didn't like this book when I had to read it at school. Everyone else can suffer through it as well!

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
How could I not put this on the list? 

A Midsummers Nights Dream by William Shakespeare
I actually really liked this one, its so magical and lets be honest, Romeo and Juliet is done way too much these days. I want you to appreciate something else by Shakespeare.

Crank by Ellen Hopkins
 I think that every teenager should be made aware of drugs and I think this would be a different way to do so. The verse layout would definitely be a good discussion point as well!

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Her writing is beautiful and definitely shows us the importance of world building!

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Just because I can!

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Had to throw a bit of Austen in there.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I'm reading this at the minute, everyone in the world should read it.

Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
It's thought provoking and looks at racism in a tasteful way. Great book for discussion.

What would be on your reading list? Would it be a mix of books or classic literature? Leave a comment below as I'd love to know.

16 comments:

  1. Okay. I think, as a student of English Lit, I'm gonna fail your subject. I just can't stand Shakespeare and Jane Austen. But Laini Taylor, Markus Zusak and John Green, oh YES! Bring it on, Ma'am. :D

    New follower on bloglovin and g+.

    Thoughts and Pens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, I'm sorry but I had to include some of the "wonderful" books I read at school. Of course I added some great ones!

      I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Hopping through. Yay for TFIOS! And Pride and Prejudice.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awesome if you actually got to study those two books at school. Happy Reading!

      Delete
  3. I like how you mixed in some classics and YA books. I still need to read a lot of these but loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

    Followed via Bloglovin.
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was at school I had to read all classics so I thought I'd mix it up for my imaginary class.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. OOoh nice mix of books there! Seeing lots of peeps went the classic route!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't want to go with all classics. I practically died of boredom at school when it was all we read!

      Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  5. Noughts and Crosses is an excellent book. Possibly the best book ever featuring reverse racism. I heard that there was a sequel but I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet.

    new follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there's a whole series of them. Well, I think there is anyway! Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  6. Steinbeck and Shakespeare made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're both a must have on any reading list, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. gah! Pride and Prejudice is haunting me today!! Fault in our stars was on my list too!

    Old Follower!

    My FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, well its a classic, I had to have it on my list! Awesome, it'd be great if TFiOS was actually read in school :)

      I hope you have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  8. Woohoo! I think I'd love your class!

    New Follower- have a lovely weekend!

    The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read all of The Book Thief (I wussed out, I plan to finish it soon) but I think it'd be a good one! I never read any Austen for English and I loved her books when I was in hs and think more guys should have had to read her, ha! I also never read Midsummer's and I feel like it is a Shakespeare story I would have liked more than the ones I did have to read. I think Daughter would be good, too! Plus you could open up talk about beliefs and stuff, which I always liked in English class!

    Great list! I have no idea what I would assign! Old follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...