Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

I'm a sucker for standalone novels, especially contemporaries. In my eyes a companion book is not a sequel! They have different characters and we don’t see much of the ones from the previous book written by the author. A sequel follows the same characters and a certain plot so that’s what I like to see. It always frustrates me when a book is left at a point in which the author could carry on but doesn't plan to. I want to know what happens to my favourite characters! I make up different scenarios for the characters but it’d be nice to see how the author would carry on with the story. I'm not sure if I’ll find 10 books as I am satisfied most of the time and a lot of the books I read already have sequels. I have reviews for a few of these books so if you want to check them out then all you need to do is click the book titles!

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Okay, so this one’s kind of obvious. I just really want to know what happened to Hazel! There were so many unanswered questions that I’d die to know the answers to.

2. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: I know this book only came out a few weeks ago but I would like to see if Caymens mum pulled through in the end. Did she get the happily ever after with Xander?

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: This book is so perfect, I want to see more of Anna and Etienne. In fact, I crave their story as it’s wonderful. Yes they make an appearance in Lola but it simply wasn't enough.

4. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver: I know what you’re thinking; this is a series so there are already sequels. But I felt that the last book didn't give me the fix that I needed! I want to know if they did enough to stop the government from issuing the cure.

5. The Way We Were by Elizabeth Noble: This isn't normally the type of book that I read as its chick lit but the ending was so sad and I wanted everything to turn out well for the main character. It was also a lovely book that I could read more of!

6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: Alex Fuentes, need I say any more? We saw he and Brittany grow up together in the companion novels but they weren't the main characters.

7. A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger: I could read about Whitley forever, her cynical humour is great!

So that’s my top seven, it was a hard task to pick these but there will probably be more books that I want sequels to in the future! Have you got a top ten that you’d like to share? If so leave a comment below and I’ll be sure to check it out. Happy reading everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about Delirium, I didn't really get the closer I was hoping for.
    Here's my TTT -
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-8-books-i-wish-could.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! Haven't read any of these but the need for a sequel is just ingrained in us readers!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault in Our Stars made my list too. I don't accept that the book is over!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw The Fault in our Stars on several lists.
    Here is my TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-books-you-wish-had.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...