Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Memorable Secondary Characters

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

When I saw this topic I felt a bit perplexed. Yeah I know, it’s nothing too mind boggling but I didn't know who to pick. I'm going to be honest with you guys; I ended up googling what it meant to be a secondary character. Here’s what I got from Yahoo answers, yeah I love that site but here it is: 

Minor or secondary characters are ones that are necessary to populate the story believably. They play a supporting role rather than a central role in the story.

So with that little English lesson I think I know what I'm doing now! Forgive me; I didn't pay attention when it came to writing at school as I was far more interested in the actual reading part. My knowledge is also a little rusty with the lack of compulsory education dominating my life for the last two years. Anyway, on with the top ten!
  1. Jamie Roth from The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- He's not in the books as much as I'd like him to be but I love him and his sarcasm.
  2. Patti from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
  3. Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- I've only read 100 pages of the second book so far but I do know that she has a biggish role in it.
  4. Wendy Avery from the Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand
  5. Hana from Delirium by Lauren Oliver- I would've liked to have seen a bit more of her in the first book rather than the last!
  6. Harley from Across the Universe by Beth Revis- Two books later and I still cant get over this character. Oh the Harley feels! 
  7. Mason (AKA Tic) from The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
  8. Josh from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  9. Hagrid from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- How could I not include Hagrid?
  10. George Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
So, it took me a while to put this list together but the characters I have chosen each bring a certain uniqueness to the books they’re in.  I think that some of them would make wonderful main characters and it’s a shame that they’re not featured a lot in the books. I was going to pick multiple characters from some of the books but I wanted a variety with my choices! Have you read any of the books mentioned above? If so, were there any other secondary characters that you liked?

10 comments:

  1. I have Wendy on my list this week too, from Unearthly. I thought she was a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the main reason why I picked her, it sucks how she wasn't in the last book so much!

      Delete
  2. Great list, Annoushka! And, I so love your theme! I love pink!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the Harley feels. That poor, tortured guy. :( Great list!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley feels are too much. He was so wonderful, I just wanted to give him a hug! :(

      Delete
  4. Hagrid?! How did I forget him! Next time I make a list like this I really am just going to write all HP characters on it! LOL! I LOVED HARLEY! Gosh he was awesome!!! GREAT LIST!!!!
    Fly to the Sky @ Read Books and Live Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! There are so many characters from HP that I could've put, they're all so wonderful! Who didn't love Harley? He was such a sweetheart.

      Delete
  5. Just followed, I'm in love with this blog! I love your picks for this meme.

    ~Nightmarish Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...