- Jamie Roth from The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- He's not in the books as much as I'd like him to be but I love him and his sarcasm.
- Patti from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor- I've only read 100 pages of the second book so far but I do know that she has a biggish role in it.
- Wendy Avery from the Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand
- Hana from Delirium by Lauren Oliver- I would've liked to have seen a bit more of her in the first book rather than the last!
- Harley from Across the Universe by Beth Revis- Two books later and I still cant get over this character. Oh the Harley feels!
- Mason (AKA Tic) from The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
- Josh from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Hagrid from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- How could I not include Hagrid?
- George Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Tuesday, 27 August 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: Most Memorable Secondary Characters
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!
When I saw this topic I felt a bit perplexed. Yeah I know, it’s nothing too mind boggling but I didn't know who to pick. I'm going to be honest with you guys; I ended up googling what it meant to be a secondary character. Here’s what I got from Yahoo answers, yeah I love that site but here it is:
Minor or secondary characters are ones that are necessary to populate the story believably. They play a supporting role rather than a central role in the story.
So with that little English lesson I think I know what I'm doing now! Forgive me; I didn't pay attention when it came to writing at school as I was far more interested in the actual reading part. My knowledge is also a little rusty with the lack of compulsory education dominating my life for the last two years. Anyway, on with the top ten!
So, it took me a while to put this list together but the characters I have chosen each bring a certain uniqueness to the books they’re in. I think that some of them would make wonderful main characters and it’s a shame that they’re not featured a lot in the books. I was going to pick multiple characters from some of the books but I wanted a variety with my choices! Have you read any of the books mentioned above? If so, were there any other secondary characters that you liked?