Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #7

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. This blog hop was created by the wonderful Dani over at Pen to Paper so make sure you check out hers as well!

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Published January 22nd 2013 by Hyperion
Synopsis:
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.
Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.
Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous—it’s a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da’s death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

I've seen this book a lot around the blogosphere and booktuber community this year. I admit, I knew I wanted this book as soon as I saw the cover! I mean, look how beautiful it is. How could I not want that? But then I found out what it was about and wanted it even more. It's been on my wishlist for quite some time now but I cant bring myself to buying it. Hardcovers are just so damn expensive and I know it'll be worth it, but being jobless means I have to budget my money. As painful as it is, I must refrain myself from buying books at the minute. It really is a hard thing to do though :( 

I'm sorry about my lack of posts this week, I have a good reason for it though, I promise! I'm currently reading The Book Thief and its taking some time to get through. However, I don't want to ruin the reading experience by picking up something else at the same time. I've also had bloggers block, yeah, I don't know what to post right now. Memes are taking over my blog which I didn't want to happen, so hopefully once I've finished reading this I can commit to jazzing the blog up a bit more. Happy reading everyone!

What's on your wishlist this week? I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this book! I do hope you can get a copy soon! :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...