Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #8

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. This blog hop was created by the wonderful Dani over at Pen to Paper so make sure you check out hers as well!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Published November 15th 2011
Synopsis:
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
I feel like the only person in the blogosphere who hasn't started this series yet. I've had it on my Amazon wish list for a while now and I always end up adding it to my basket but I never buy it! Something else ends up grabbing my attention and this gets re-added to my wish list for another couple of months. Maybe one day I will cave. But I really do want to find out what all of the hype is about. I love the new cover designs as well, the colours on them are so beautiful and the image itself is quite attention grabbing. I’d like to see if it has anything to do with the book itself. 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet but I do have Shatter Me waiting to be read on my bookshelf! It sounds sooo good but I'm worried because there is so much hype surrounding it that I might not like it as much as everyone else! Anyway I do need to get to it soon! Great choice :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel about it too! I've been disappointed with hyped up books so much recently so I'm worried about being let down by this as well. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series either and every time I see the covers floating around I'm like "I should really read that!"

    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! It is one of my favorites. I hope you get it soon and enjoy it!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/wishlist-wednesday-63.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you... I haven't read it either but it does sound awesome! I think this might make it's way onto my wishlist too

    my WW
    Shona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...