Monday, 25 November 2013

[Review] Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Published October 2nd 2012 by HarperCollins
Paperback, 340 Pages
Synopsis:
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
My Thoughts:
Okay so this review is coming in a bit late considering I read the book nearly a month ago. Oh how the time flies. But hey, at least I'm making the effort to actually write it! 

Thought evoking. Fast paced. Sexy. Incredible. Magical. Unique. These are just a few of the things that this book is. I cannot praise it enough.

Shatter Me was released in 2011 and I've only just read it. What was I thinking? This book, wow, I must've been crazy to put it off for so long. How could I even think that it wouldn't live up to the hype? Because believe me it does. Tahereh Mafi’s writing is so utterly enchanting I was caught under her spell by the time I had finished the book. 

Everything in this book works. No doubt about it. Tahereh Mafi, you’re doing it right! Oh and I love the new covers, they’re simply stunning. 

Adam or Warner? Warner or Adam? The ever impending question which boggles the brains of many fangirls (and fanboys) alike. For me personally Warner is the one. This poisonous fa├žade of his is all an act, I know it is. There are moments in which Warner shows sincerity through his cool exterior but I'm waiting for the day it all comes crashing down and we get to see the real boy that has been trapped for so long. 

Okay so Adam is a total sweetheart and would do anything for Juliette but no one likes a suck up. They’re joined together through their history they've had. But let’s be honest it’s nothing more than a childhood crush and a simple helping hand in times of need. It won’t work. I hope.

I know I'm swooning right now but I can’t help but love the villain! He’s not a villain though, it’s just a perception crafted to grant him the power and approval he needs from his father. 

Although it took some time to get used to, I thought that Taherehs writing style was unique and a breath of fresh air. Definitely an enjoyable read. I was particularly impressed with how she voiced Juliette, it was disturbing at times but still completely fascinating. I urge everyone to pick this book up.

1 comment:

  1. I bought this book awhile ago but haven't read it yet. I heard sooo many good things about it. I honestly don't know why I'm still waiting, I need to go read it now! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...