Saturday, 11 January 2014

Top 13 Books I Read In 2013


I know I’m a bit late jumping on the bandwagon but hey, better late than never, right? I ended up reading a total of 43 books in 2013, which I was quite proud of until I saw the amount that some people read. You guys are crazy! 2013 was a good year of reading for me, I finally got round to starting some series that I had put off for ages. I started blogging last year and doing so has only fuelled my love for reading even more. These are in no particular order as I couldn’t pick an ultimate favourite, but one of the books does stand out more so than others. On with the top 13!

Boundless by Cynthia Hand
What an explosive end to an epic trilogy, I had waited a year for this book and I wasn’t let down at all!

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
I know not many people were happy with the ending of this book and I’ll be honest with you, I was left with more questions than answers. But it did turn out to be everything I hoped it would be.

Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
Kaiden Rowe that is all.

The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
I was worried that this would fall under second book syndrome, however all of my doubts were diminished once I read it. Well done Miss Kagawa, that was awesome!

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I loved the first book. The second book destroyed me with its epicness. The ending cannot be true though I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT! June, please hurry up, as I need my answers. (If you’re wondering, this was my stand out book last year)

Crank by Ellen Hopkins
This was my first time reading one of Ellen Hopkins books and I was surprised at how well the verse formatting worked.  She has created poetry for the modern mind.

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Such a beautiful book.

A Midsummers Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Kodys books are perfect for the summer and this one had me swooning.

The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
Emilio Vargas, what a babe. I’m such a book slut!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I think this book is on everyone’s list, need I say anymore?

Legend by Marie Lu
Wow, I didn’t think I’d like this especially as it took me a few days to get into it. But once I did I found myself wanting to read on.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Team Warner all the way! I haven’t even read the second book yet and I’m sure I’ll like it just as much as this one!

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
This is the most original dystopian I have read in a while. It has an interesting plotline that’ll keep you hooked.

So they’re my top 13 books of 2013, not all of them were published in 2013 but that doesn’t matter! You can find individual reviews for these books dotted around my blog.  I hope you had a great year of reading and I can’t wait to see what this year brings for us.

1 comment:

  1. I loved "Fangirl", and I really want to read "Shatter Me". Now I have a huge list of books I want to read this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...