Friday, 21 February 2014

Book Review: Wait For You by J. Lynn

Wait For You by J. Lynn
Published February 26th 2013 by Avon
Kindle Edition, 323 pages
Synopsis:
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

My Thoughts:
I have recently discovered the wonderful Jennifer L Armentrout and have been continuously questioning myself as to why I haven’t read any of her books sooner. I’m a fool, that’s the only explanation I can think of. After reading the first two books in her the Lux series—which is very good by the way—I needed a bit of a break but didn’t want to stray away from her writing. With this in mind I decided to pick up Wait For You, which she has written under her pseudonym of J. Lynn. I’ve had the eArc of this book on my Kindle for nearly a year now and thought it was about time I finally read it. I can’t believe I put it off for this long. What was I thinking? Slightly off topic, but do you ever find yourself craving a certain kind of book? I sure as hell do and this book was the answer to all of my needs.

Admittedly, I haven’t always been a fan of New Adult novels as I’ve found with a lot of them they are quite predictable and unbelievably cheesy. Most of them seem to follow this girl meets boy; they both have a “dark” secret and then fall madly in love plotline. In all honestly this never really appealed to me especially as I like unique story lines rather than the same old generic shit. However as the genre has become increasingly popular since the release of Jamie McGuires “Beautiful Disaster” I’ve wanted to push this notion aside and dive right into a few of these beloved books. And now after reading Wait For You, I can say with confidence that I can’t wait to read more from this genre. I don’t know if that’s because Jennifer is an amazing writer or maybe my reading preferences are changing. I guess we’ll find out as I explore NA further.

We are introduced to Avery as this nervous 19-year-old girl that wants nothing more than to escape her traumatic past. A university that’s 1000 miles away from home will do just that, right? Wrong. Everyday tasks can become plagued by the harrowing memories of the Halloween party that changed everything. I couldn’t help but root for Avery as her story is so sad realistic. It happens to many people but you can never imagine what its like for them. The transformation that Avery went through from beginning to end was astonishing. I did have my moments where I thought she’d go back into her shell but she proved me wrong. By the end of the book her character was confident and sassy as hell but who wouldn’t be with that hunk we know as Cam by her side.

Avery and Cam are such a fiery duo to read about. As soon as she had bumped into him in the hallway you just knew there was an undeniable attraction towards each other. It was as if fate had bought them together. Well, maybe not, Avery was on red alert and knew boys like him were a no go zone.  Much to her dismay we see a friendship start to blossom and its not long till there’s sexual tension. What I liked most about this relationship was that they bought out the best in each other. Cam lured Avery away from the comfort of her home and challenged her to just live. She encourages Cam to open up and see himself for the good guy he really is. Oh, the feels are strong with these two. I almost forgot to mention that Cam goes commando. Yes you did read that right and for the record, this book is steamy.

Overall, this book is a rollercoaster ride that has something for everyone. There’s an endless supply of romance that will bring a tingle to your spine, humour you’re sure to love, emotion and awesome secondary characters. From what I’ve heard Jennifer has recently released a new book that follows Teresa and Jase’s story. I cannot wait to read this as I thought they were both wonderful additions to the cast in Wait For You. And if that isn’t enough to tickle your fancy then you can also read Trust in Me, which is written entirely from Cams point of view. Now that is definitely one I’d love to pick up!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic review! I've read Jennifer's Lux series (the first three) and really loved them! She has such a great writing style, something of which is very easily to fall into.
    I never really thought I would like NA. Just because, as you said, NA does seem to follow a lot of those tropes. I think that they are normally pretty predictable!
    But after reading your review, I definitely plan to check out this series! The author seems to have done something fun and new and hopefully I'll end up enjoying it!
    Great review!
    Cal @ Read Books and Live Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She a fantastic writer, I think she could pull off any genre. I'm so glad that I decided to read this one rather than judge it based on other NA books I've previously read. I hope you do check out this series as its one everyone should give a go.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Annoushka,
    This sounds like an interesting story, great review!

    I just nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl

    Bye!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...