Friday, 21 February 2014

Feature & Follow Friday #14

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee, its a simple way to gain some appreciated exposure to bloggers and to make friends while doing so. The two hosts feature a blog for the week, so you never know it could be you one day! If you'd like to follow me then you can do so using Bloglovin or GFC, leave a comment below to say Hey and I'll be sure to follow you back :) Be sure to check out the hosts sites as well as they're awesome.

Q. What was the last book that made you cry?

Now this is a tough question! I can’t remember the last time I wept while reading a book. I do have the odd moment where I shed a single tear but the last time I truly sobbed at a book was when I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, which is completely understandable. That was a while back now though so I don’t think it counts considering I’ve had my moments. It was only just the other day ago when I found myself welling up. I was reading Wait For You by J. Lynn and I'm still not sure what possessed me to cry. I think it may have something to do with what had happened to our main character in the past. I just wanted to give Avery a big hug and tell her that everything would be okay. That she couldn’t let the haunting memories of her past keep her from enjoying the present. I was also uncontrollably happy when Avery and Cam finally got their happy ever after. 

I always find myself crying over contemporary novels rather than any other genre. They seem to be a lot more emotive and this isn’t necessarily a good thing all the time but it does manage to work for what the author is trying to portray. Right now I’m on a bit of a contemporary hype and would love some recommendations. I don’t mind what age range its for but I am particularly enjoying New Adult  at the minute which is strange for me!

18 comments:

  1. Hopping through. TFIOS surprisingly did not make me cry but I definitely was emotional. It's a lovely book.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what got me with TFiOS was how beautifully written it was. John Green is an expert when it comes to pulling at your heartstrings.

      Delete
  2. This is probably the 6th time I see this book on this Friday feature. It must be very sad.

    New follower via GFC.
    ~Karina @  Watcha Reading

     My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me it is!

      I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  3. TFIOS ftw. Loved that book.

    Here's my F&FF. :)

    New Bloglovin' and Goodreads follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think I've ever met anyone who didn't like it. If I ever do I'll probably go into shock.

      Thanks for stopping by I'll be sure to check out your F&FF too!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Wait For Me yet but TFIOS really was such a sad read!

    New GFC follower :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it although I'd only recommend it if you're interested in New Adult fiction.

      Happy Reading!

      Delete
  5. Who doesn't love a happy ending!
    New GFC and Bloglovin follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy endings are my favourite! A lot of books seem to have soul crushing endings lately and its not on.

      Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to check out your post too :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah, I don't cry too much during books either. But I do get emotional. It's rare when I get really emotional and cry. But it has happened!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same as you then. The book has to be ridiculously soul crushing or have an amazing ending to get a tear from me. I can't imagine myself frantically crying over a book.

      I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a read before the movies released!

      Happy reading :)

      Delete
  8. I did not read Wait for You but I have read from his point of view and absolutely loved it. I bet it was emotional!
    Great choice I am a new Bloglovin follower
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately want to read it from Cams point of view but I'm worried that a lot of it would just be repeated. I know I should expect that but I'd like to see some new scenes when he's not with Avery.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  9. Yep, TFIOS did the same to me! Great choice!

    New Bloglovin follower :)
    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are up to it, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. :)

    ~Karina @  Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...