Saturday, 22 March 2014

Book Review: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa (Blood of Eden, #3)

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
Expected Publication April 15th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
Hardcover, 416 Pages
Thank you Netgalley and Harlequin Teen 
Synopsis:
VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS. Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer. MONSTER.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.
My Thoughts:

The Forever Song is the eagerly awaited finale to Julie Kagawa’s riveting Blood of Eden series. Your pulse will be pounding, your heart will be cracking and at the end of it you’ll be left with one serious book hangover. You might have thought the worst had happened in The Eternity Cure, but trust me, you haven’t seen nothing yet. So sit back and please do try to relax as you are in for one hell of a ride!

As we have seen in its predecessors The Forever Song is full of life. Which is kind of ironic, wouldn’t you agree? True to form, Julie Kagawa cleverly provides us with laugh out loud moments to mask the true pain you should be feeling. Don’t worry though; it will hit you hard like a 10 tonne truck. This woman is the master of trickery; even in the darkest of times we are lead to believe that there is hope only for it to then be smashed when things go to shit two minutes later. I wouldn’t give up hoping though as there is always a silver lining.

Kagawa is in a class of her own, one thing that I enjoy about her writing is her ability to sculpt a terrifying yet believable world. She has an incredible attention to detail and with that I was able to picture everything from minute abandoned houses to the vast vampire cities. I particularly like how we took a trip down memory lane and returned to Old Chicago, the raider city in which we first met the loveable—maybe that’s an overstatement, so shall I say… barely tolerable? —Jackal.

I’m just kidding with you guys by the way; Jackal is hands down my favourite character of the series. He didn’t start off in my good books but as the series progressed we have seen him blossom into a hero like figure. Of course his personality hasn’t changed though. Which I’m more than happy about because he just wouldn’t be the same if he became… nice? Jackal brings a certain twinge of humour during the most inappropriate of times. They could be in the goriest of fights and he would still find away to lighten up the mood. Albeit his sadistic sense of humour does go unappreciated by his travelling companions (Allie and Kanin)

This final installment is an example to all authors of how a series should be wrapped up. However I can’t help but feel that Julie has purposefully left it quite open ended, maybe she has something in the works? I hope she does as I cant imagine a life without my favourite characters. 

This book has twists and turns at all points and you’ll sure as hell be shocked with the choices that the characters make along the way. I know for a fact that this series will be at the top of my favourites for a long time and I cannot wait for the rest of you to experience the epic journey that is The Forever Song.

One last thing before I go, if you’re anything like me then you may need some tissues as this is definitely full of heart shattering moments. Cue ugly crying.

Pre-order your copy now:

4 comments:

  1. I can't WAIT to read this book - It sounds like it's going to live up to my expectations. I LOVE this series!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was everything and more! I'm so excited for it to be released as I want to see what everyone else thinks of it.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know it was on Netgalley! I am so excited for this. I really wish Allie and Kanin or Jackal would get together. I like the platonic nature of their relationships but I find Zach so boring. I was disappointed that he didn't actually die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it was on there for a limited time a couple of weeks back. I didn't think I'd actually get it as it was meant to be for US members only so I got lucky! I'm going to be honest with you here... I've been wanting Allie and Kanin to get together right from the start. I don't care if he's her sire as technically they're not related.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...