Monday, 31 March 2014

NetGalley: A book bloggers weakness!

I’m just going to jump right into this post, no introduction, no small talk, nothing. I have come to the conclusion that my Kindle is crammed with books. I have over 70 titles to read. Where do I start? I can’t even begin to imagine how long it’ll take me to read all of these and then there’s the fact that I have my ever-growing pile of physical books! How did I let it get so bad? I need to tame this beast.

Once upon a time, not so long a go, there was a young girl named Annoushka. She loved to wander aimlessly around bookstores and one day found herself in the Kindle section. Now, Annoushka had no intentions of buying a Kindle but she left the shop with one in her possession. She thought, “What harm could it do? Its just another reason to read” Little did she know her NetGalley obsession would spiral out of control and her poor Kindle would be overflowing with unread books.

I need to address the issue at hand and go right to the source, NetGalley. Recently they’ve had so many exciting titles that I couldn’t say no to. Requesting books has become quite the addiction; I request books quicker than I read them. I know that I’ll get around to reading each one eventually but I need the motivation to start!


There’s nothing better than the feeling of a book in your hand so it’s took me quite a while to get used to my Kindle. However I have started reading a lot more on it lately, which is a big step for me! All I need to do now is sort out my requesting habits. Have you got any tips for me? I'm open to change so I will take all ideas into consideration.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem as you! I'm so addicted to NetGalley, and I'm wayyyyy behind on getting those reviews in. But I joined the Falling for YA: 2014 NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge (http://www.fallingforya.com/2013/12/2014-netgalley-edelweiss-reading.html) and that has been incredibly helpful in getting me to read my NG books more often. I want to get to that 80% approval rate!

    -Holly @ Part of that World
    http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought to join a read-a-thon or challenge! I think joining one may help me too as I need the motivation to read them and its not like they're bad books, I've got some really good titles that I can't wait to read! My feedback to approval ratio is piss poor. I need to really up my game if I want it at the recommended rate D:

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...