Sunday, 13 April 2014

Procrastinating instead of blogging...

So many books, so little time. I wish that was true but unfortunately it isn’t. You’d think that with being jobless I would be reading a lot more books. I’m not. I was hoping that I’d be posting regularly as well, yeah, about that…I’m trying my hardest but keep getting distracted. If procrastinating were a job I’d be well away by now. I would be rolling in the dollar. You see, I love blogging but writing up posts can become quite boring. I give myself “breaks” during these blogging sessions that result in me watching Youtube videos for hours on end.  I’ve heard that a lot of bloggers write their posts days, sometimes weeks in advance. How do you do this? What is your secret? I must know! I’m a one post at a time kind of girl. I write them up as and when I feel like it. This isn’t always a good thing but I just cannot bring myself to write more than one post in a sitting. I would like to blog more often so words of motivation would be nice. Just saying.

I’ve realised that I haven’t actually gotten to my main point yet. I’m rambling again!

A couple of weeks back Alison from AlisonCanRead wrote a post discussing her blogging distractions and I found that I could relate to a lot of them. After reading this post I felt inspired to write about my own distractions. Nearly three weeks have passed and I’ve finally found the courage to conduct this post. I must’ve been procrastinating ;) So lo and behold, here’s what keeps me from blogging:

Once Upon A Time
This is a newbie show to me but an absolute stonker of one. With both Pretty Little Liars and The Walking Dead reaching their season finales I found myself lost without having anything to watch. I needed something that I’d be able to sink my teeth into, something that I could binge on and feel good about it. With three seasons of magical goodness to look forward to I definitely chose right.  I’m trying to pace myself while watching this but it just isn’t happening. I’ve nearly watched the whole of season 1 in under a week and that my friends, is what I call dedication! I also have no social life so…

Travelling
This is always a good reason not to blog. This past week I took a trip to London with my mother and it was one of the best days I’ve had in a while. We ate a lot, we drank a lot—the bars in London are amazing—and we walked a lot. I dragged my mum into Foyles; it’s the biggest bookstore in Europe apparently! Obviously it was the highlight of my day. The Young Adult section was unlike any I’d seen before. I could’ve died on the spot from happiness. I’m also going to York with my Nan this upcoming Wednesday and it should be a lovely day out. I like getting out of the house so when the opportunity presents itself I take it.

Goodreads & Amazon
When I’m not reading or writing about books I’m probably looking at them on these two sites. I’m seriously addicted to them. As a result of that my Amazon wishlist is out of control.

Nail Polish
I never used to care about painting my nails but in the past year its safe to say I’ve became obsessed. I’ve gone from owning about 2 nail polishes to having close to 100. Money well spent. You can’t do anything while painting them either as you may risk ruining them and then you’ll have to start over.

The Sims 3
If you don’t like the Sims then you’re lying to yourself. This game is seriously addictive. I tell myself that I’ll only go on it for an hour and then I’ll realise that its 3 in the morning and I’ve been playing all day. I’ve always been a fan of the Sims franchise so when they announced that the fourth game would be released this year I was ecstatic.

Food
Because why would I want to be blogging when I could be eating? A month ago I put myself on a diet and it was going great, until it wasn’t. There’s so much tasty food in my house how can I not be distracted. I did manage to lose a stone in weight and I am still fairly active but why should I deny myself this yummy goodness? I’m only 19 so I shouldn’t have to worry about my waistline just yet.

Drinking
I’m not saying I’m an alcoholic; I just like the odd drink with my mates every now and then. Also, have you ever tried to read with a hangover? It is impossible. I tried it last week and it wasn’t happening.

These are just a few of the things that distract me from getting things done. I could list many more but I fear this post will get too long. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post, there’s not much to take away from it but I find its always interesting to read about other peoples “problems” shall I say? Now I’d like to know what distracts you and how you motivate yourself when all you feel like doing is watching some good old-fashioned television.

Just to let you know, I made an Instagram account to run alongside the blog. If you'd like to follow me then my username is annoushkareads. I'd be extremely grateful if you guys took a minute to check it out. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I might have to write one like this too. And you're definitely right, food is one of my distractions from both reading AND blogging. Why blog when you can eat (and get fatter in the process)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad that its inspired you to possibly write one too :) I stop everything I'm doing to eat, don't want to get food in my book so that just gets pushed aside for yummys!

      Delete
  2. This is a great post - I love Once upon a time, I was watching it yesterday on amazon instant, instead of writing.. I am also a great procrastinator :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased thst you like it! I'm hooked on it, but none of my friends like it (theyre so lame!) so its great to read about bloggers who love it too. I think in this day and age we procrastinate a lot more than what people used to. There's so much on offer to us now that can be so off putting.

      Delete
  3. I am a little shit for watching Netflix and Youtube for hours on end and not blogging or reading... I have just started watching Orange is the New Black and I love it. It is however, stopping me from blogging! :)

    I have two weeks of from work and stuff so I aim to get loads written and scheduled so I don't have to worry so much! :)

    Great posts!

    My Most recent post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...