Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Gateway Books/Author

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish, every week there is a different topic in which you answer back to! The feature was created as a way to share their top tens with everyone. Anyone can join in so come along and share your top ten lists with us all!

As you may have noticed I haven’t really been participating in memes this year. I can never be bothered to write my response to the chosen topic but this week I’m raring to go so I thought Id jump on board!

1. The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer
When I was in high school I absolutely adored this series. For about a year it was all I could think about, which is slightly embarrassing. But this obsession is what kick started my love for the paranormal genre.

2. Jacqueline Wilson
If you grew up in the UK then you’ve probably read at least one book by this author. Jacqueline Wilson was a big part of my childhood; I’ll always remember my uncle sending me her books for Christmas. Her books have always held a special place in my heart, as they were what got me into reading.

3. Stephanie Perkins
I didn’t read much contemporary until I picked up Anna and The French Kiss, since that fateful day I cannot get enough of it.

4. Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella
For as long as I can remember my mum has been trying to get me to read chick-lit and 90% of the time my response has been no. However when we were on holiday a couple of years back I decided to give it a go. I ended up reading Remember Me and it completely changed my opinion of the genre. Chick-lit is perfect for the summer season, you should try it out as you may be surprised!

5. Wait For You by J. Lynn
I didn’t realise what I’d been missing out on until I read this book. I’d always been quite reluctant to read something by Jennifer L Armentrout but after this I’m up for giving anything by her a go.

6. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
How can the Narnia books not be on this list? This is another series that fueled my passion for reading during childhood. My mum bought me a lovely box set of these books but I have no idea what happened to it.

7. Ellen Hopkins
Books written in verse were a mystery to me until I read Crank by Ellen Hopkins. I thoroughly enjoyed this style of writing and wouldn’t mind picking up some more books written in this particular format.

8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Markus Zusak annihilated my heart with this book. I never thought that I’d love it as much as I did and its inspired me to read more books set during the Holocaust/World War 2 period.

9. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Probably the only book I enjoyed at school—the English class I was in had to read some utter crap—it opened my eyes to classic literature. That being said I haven’t read any “classics” as such since leaving school three years ago.

10. The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
I’ve got an aversion to adult fiction. I don’t know why but I find it terribly hard to get excited by an adult novel. I think it might be because a lot of the time I’m not sold by the blurb and advertising methods the publishers use. Earlier this year I decided to pick this up and it hasn’t left my mind since. It was so damn good! I’ve now challenged myself to broaden my age range and read a few more adult books. 

Wow I didn’t think my responses would be this long! Anyway, I’d love to know what authors/books are on your lists so leave a comment below with a link to your post.

3 comments:

  1. Nice picks! Haven't read a lot of these myself, but am seeing tons of Twilight. It's been a milestone for a lot of people. I won't make any of my comments on it, they're not very flattering. ;)

    But to each their own! I never begrudge someone for enjoying a book I didn't care for! We all have different tastes!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight is pretty cringeworthy but it got me back into reading so I can't slate it!

      However I do agree with you on that one. If we all liked the same things then it'd be impossible to discover anything new. We'd be stuck with the same old shit 24/7.

      Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief is such a great book - it actually made it harder for me to read more historical fiction because it was SO good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...