Wednesday, 2 July 2014

An explanation for my blogging hiatus.

Hello all! I’m sure some of you have noticed by now that I haven’t updated my blog in a while and I’m feeling slightly guilty for not doing so. I’ve got some serious explaining to do. First things first, Id like to say thank you to you all for sticking around while I went off the radar. It amazes me that people are still reading my blog even if I’m not posting and for that I’m extremely grateful.

2014 has been a shit year. Maybe that’s a slight overstatement as not everything’s been too horrendous but lets just say, it could’ve been a lot better. And I know there are millions of people in the world that are facing far worse problems but for me personally, this year has been a hard one. Anxiety issues are at an all time high and stress induced psoriasis has graced its presence upon me. Although these two things are only the tip of the iceberg I don’t wish to go into further detail as I feel that this stuff is private to me.

With everything that’s been happening lately blogging hasn’t been at the top of my priorities. I miss it dearly but not having to worry about when my next post will go up is quite nice. I am going to try and post more now but it will be a slow process getting back into things. Especially as right now I’m at the point in my life where I have to focus more on myself. I’m currently figuring out what I want do and have finally mustered the motivation to get my photography business going. Though I need something else to fall back on so job searching has begun again. I’m also trying to get my health in order but it’s proving to be quite the task and that is upsetting. I hate feeling like I’m failing myself but some things take time and patience, two things that annoy me greatly.

If you follow me on Instagram then you would’ve seen a snap I uploaded while reading on holiday a few weeks ago. My mum and I decided that we needed a dose of sun and relaxation so we went to Greece for a little while. It was great to be away from everything even if it was only for a week. Everyone should escape reality every once in a while as you come back feeling relieved of previous stress. Though I did get post holiday depression when I returned to rainy England! If you ever get a chance to visit any of the Greek islands then I encourage you to take it, as it’s simply stunning there. 

Since I’ve been away from blogging I have been reading more than ever. I haven’t been reading because I know I needed to review a certain book, no, I’ve been picking up any book that has caught my attention. I think from now on I wont get so caught up in the hype of certain books. Instead I’m going to read whatever takes my fancy at the time. However I would like to point out that I am still going to be reading books I receive for review just without the stress of feeling like I have to rush. A review is better late than never. Am I right?

If you’ve actually stuck around until this point then wow… I didn’t think anyone would! These are just some of the things that I wanted to get off my chest and I feel so much better for doing so. This post has been on my mind for a while now but I haven’t been able to concentrate on writing it down until today. I hope you guys understand why I’ve been away from blogging and can forgive me; I will be trying much harder to write posts more frequently from now on.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It's always lovely hearing from you guys! So I will try my hardest to reply to you all, no matter how long it takes :)

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...